Thursday, June 14, 2018

My Brat?

I'm not really a Blogger, or even yet a mom. But, as I enter into my third trimester of my first pregnancy, I am realizing that finding a blog that talks about everything we go through is hard to find. There are a lot of mommy blogs, help and tip blogs, birth info blogs, but not one that talks about all of the little things that go on. I am hoping that maybe I can help reach a few new Mom's to be that are searching the internet to find out if what they are going through is "normal".

First of all, the name. When I was growing up, I had my cat, Suzie. Our first pet is always one that lasts in our hearts in a special place. My Mom one day gave me a book called "All I Need to Know I Learned From My Cat". It was a cute little book about cats behavior and how we can sometimes relate. I feel similar right now as I am going through pregnancy. I am learning about babies, pregnancy and fetuses, as well as health and nutrition, as I go. You can read every book, talk to every doctor, or ask all your friends who have already gone through this (and believe me, I have), but they will not be able to tell you everything you need to know. Some things you will just learn yourself along the way. Some things may be "normal", but every body and every pregnancy is different.

But why my "brat"? Well, why not?? She may not be born yet, but believe me, she already gets on my nerves sometimes. And what child isn't a brat at times? We will never love them any less. Even now at 6 months pregnant, I am already in love. But, when she stretches out and digs into me, it hurts. At about 24 weeks, she was against my bladder, which made it hard to empty properly and gave me a Urinary Tract Infection (which is very common, so warning number one!). The heartburn is insane. Even with Zantac (which is safe during pregnancy, but do not take without checking with your doctor first) and Tums (also safe, and high in calcium!!) I have heartburn throughout the day and sometimes at night. I have tried everything from changing my diet, to eating small meals, to Coca-Cola, but everything only helps temporarily. As she grows, I grow. And that is painful too. Almost constant pelvic pain (similar to mild/moderate period cramps) and sharp pains around my belly button. I have small bumps on my upper stomach and face, get itchy at times, am constantly hot, always tired......the list goes on. So, yes she is my little brat.....and I love it!

So, as the days go on, I hope to share as many things as I can along the way that may help you though your pregnancy questions as well. There is no right or wrong, only what you experience, and I am slowly learning to freak out and worry less, and get more excited about whats to come.... at least until the next big change......

Have a similar experience, question or something you would like to add? Please comment below!! I love to hear from other people and hear experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment