The third trimester wasn't all so bad. The beginning of it was like an extension of the second trimester, with a few random Braxton Hicks contractions. Luckily, they are not painful. A lot more peeing and getting up at night, but nothing major.....yet.
At 36 weeks, she dropped. Now, I hope that yours goes after this point and definitely not before, because once it happens, you will want baby out! Every movement from the upper body is in your uterus and bladder. It is quite uncomfortable and sometimes even painful. And the pressure down there is beyond annoying. Forget sitting with your legs closed or crossed. Anything but spread eagle is severely uncomfortable, ,so stock up on those long dresses if it is hot out, or at least nothing too short.
As time goes on, the contractions will become more significant and tight, but it will still be a while before they actually start to hurt and do anything productive (like push out a baby). Practice contractions are normal for the last month or two as your body gets ready to give birth. Doesn't sound like fun? It isn't really. But..... you are almost there!!!!
Usually the first sign that you are getting close is your mucus plug falling out. It can be all at once, or like me, you can lose it in pieces. Mine came out in two, 2 days apart. The first one was like a massive booger, followed by a lot of what looked like a lot of snot that required a change of clothes (luckily I was at home). It is very often referred to as the "bloody show", but after mine came out and I did some research on it (to be sure), I found that it is not always bloody. I had some spotting a few days before it started coming out and called my OBGYN. They told me to come in to be safe, but it was probably just the start of my mucus plug coming out. After everything checked out ok, they sent me home and sure enough 4 days later it was out. But, just yellowish in color, no pink, red or brown as I was told it would be (sorry for the TMI). The contractions after that became more regular (especially at night), but have yet to become more severe.
Now, at 38 weeks and counting.... I am ready to go and over it. I hope she comes soon. I am ready to meet you, Baby Girl!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment