Friday, September 7, 2018

I Will Be Right Here Waiting For You......

The waiting game is afoot. What is the last thing that I have to share in the long list of "things they don't tell you about pregnancy"? That you can have contractions for days. Even weeks. No joke. And we are not talking Braxton Hicks contractions. Actual contractions. Ones that very slowly open your cervix. It has been almost 2 weeks since my mucus plug fell out and a week later I was still at 1 cm. This week has been the toughest.

On Monday, I started getting contractions that never really stopped. They would get really strong and then let up, n=but not actually stop. For about 2 hours, I felt uncomfortable and I couldn't sit still. They were also really high, not low like labor contractions. I called my Dr, but it was Labor Day so only the nurses were in and a Dr On-Call. They made me an appointment for Tuesday. 30 minutes later, my stomach started shaking uncontrollably. I decided to go to the hospital, not knowing if this was something that could be harmful to me or the baby.

Apparently, it is not common, but not abnormal. Most women do not get the shakes, but some do in early labor. It is from the amount of strain on the stomach muscles that have not been used much in the past few months. Great. And I have progressed to 1.7 cm. Nothing to stay for, so we went home. Luckily as the night went on, they subsided and I was able to get some sleep.

I was told to keep my Tuesday appointment to follow up, so I did. The contractions and shaking started again Tuesday afternoon until the evening, around the same time as the day before. They told be nothing different and told me to keep my Friday appointment to see how things are then. Was not expecting anything different. My girl is taking her sweet time.

Then, come Friday morning 4am. Regular contractions have officially started. And I'm pretty sure my water broke, or I am leaking amniotic fluid. They are more intense than what I have been having but not painful. Very regular at every 7 minutes. I try to get as much rest as I can, since I am exhausted, but this just means closing my eyes in between and staying in bed. The heartburn is insane and I am hungry, but nauseous at the same time. Too nervous to eat. Ready to go to the Dr and see what they say. Hoping we are nearing the end, because I don't know how much more I can take of this.....

Ready to meet you Baby Girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment