No, not that kind of hot. I'm talking about my babies first temperature. Not a fun night for Mommy. It was nothing major, just a side effect from her first shots, but she just was so sad. It broke my heart. Luckily, the pediatrician told us to get Infant Tylenol for her to help with any pain and discomfort she may have. We went right to Walmart after we left and picked it up so we were ready physically, but not emotionally. I think that night was worse for me than the shots themselves. It was over in 2 seconds, she cried, I put her on the boob and she was fine. Boob power!! Lol. But that night was long and sleepless. We were not sure how high it would go, so we kept taking it and watching her. It never went over 100 degrees, but I'll admit it, I was nervous. I'm sure every Mama is when their little one is under the weather.
The next morning, she seemed to be feeling better, but was over cuddly. We spent a good amount of time cuddling in bed. I know that this is not something you should EVER do, but I will admit I do sometimes. She is so happy and LOVES to sleep on her side, so when she is very cranky, I lay with her until she falls asleep and put her in her cradle. It usually lasts about 5-10 minutes, but lasted a little longer after her shots as she started to fuss every time I went to get up. But, I didn't mind. I love my cuddle time. I could stare at that cute little sleeping face for hours.
So, something to make sure you have on hand ALWAYS is Infant Tylenol. And Gas Drops!!! I think I have said that before, but it is a DEFINITE must!!!! Gripe water can help relieve an upset tummy, but does not work the same way. When your LO is crying in pain, they work so fast, it is like a miracle. These are 2 things I do not think I could live without. Just make sure you call the Dr. before giving any medication like Tylenol to your baby. Only they can give you the proper dosage, and that is not something you want to take a risk with.
Anything you think is a must? Leave a comment below! Let us know!! ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment