Also starts the baby tantrums. Kicking of the feet, flailing of the arms and arching of the back. All because the boob we are on is now coming out too slow and we want to switch to the other one, or we do not want to burp (even though we have to), or something as simple as that. It feels sometimes like everything is a battle. Feeding, changing, trying to find out what activity she is in the mood for....
But at the same time, it is also amazing watching them grow. They are no longer your little baby (well they are, and always will be....), but they are starting to become a person. Holding their head up, staring at you, cuddling you, rolling over, learning about their body. It is amazing to watch the wonder in their face, the smiles that come every time you smile at them, and listen to the noises they make as they discover new things. Even the sounds they make when they get frustrated, but they resolve it themselves in a minute.
They love to look at things (mine especially loves the TV), feel things (and pull on things, so watch jewelry and hair!) and hold things. You can start giving them toys like keys and rattles and watch them punch and kick on activity mats for long periods of time (hurry up and pee, now's your chance...). My LO also started playing in her Activity Center at around 2 months. She did not want to lie down as often, so one day I decided to set it up (ok, I admit it may have been to save my sanity). She was very small in it, so I used her blanket sleeper with it (which is also what I did when I carried her around the house or on a walk in her carrier) to boost her up. I also had to make sure her arms were up and not stuck down by her sides. She loved it and I started attaching other toys to it for her to reach better, like a crinkle book and bunny that have attachment hooks on them. As she grew, we did it without the blanket. As soon as one foot touched the floor because it made her wobbly. It is still her favorite place.... and mine. I need mommy time. Even if it is sitting on the couch next to her writing my blog and checking on her every 5 seconds....
So, when the screams are loud and the nights are long, remember that smile.... and grab a glass of wine. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment